How to get the perfect nights sleep - Our tips
Is there such a thing as the PERFECT temperature to help you fall asleep?
You would think that the perfect temperature to catch some much-needed ZZZZs is all down to personal preference; as some like it nice and toasty, whereas others can’t sleep unless it’s on the cool side of the pillow.
Luckily for us it has been scientifically proven that the PERFECT temperature to help you get the best night sleep is between 15 – 19 degrees Celsius for adults, and for babies it is slightly warmer at 18 – 21 degrees Celsius.
Did you know our natural body temperature fluctuates during a 24hour daily cycle; as it is regulated by our internal body clock? Our bodies tend to dip in temperature by 2-3 degrees in the evening, meaning if you can keep your home heated between 16-19 degrees Celsius your body temperature should remain at a comfortable level allowing you to sleep through the night in prime conditions.
The perfect solution to ensure your home remains at the perfect temperature, is to have a NEST thermostat fitted. This allows you to control the temperature of your home from your smartphone and control your heating system from the comfort of your warm bed; or out and about so the house is warm when you get home.
Take a look at our top sleep tips for getting a good nights rest and how to achieve the perfect sleep atmosphere throughout the year.
Spring/Summer Top Tips:
- Keep blinds, curtains and windows closed throughout the day.
- Open windows whilst you’re asleep and have a fan running for cool air circulation.
- Take a warm bath an hour or two before bedtime to encourage a natural cool-down effect.
- Avoid too much screen time, blue light from lcd screens is proven to inhibit sleeping.
- Get your boiler serviced throughout summer to avoid running into any trouble during the winter months, your boiler may also be quieter following a service reducing the chance of it waking you up!
Autumn/Winter Top Tips:
- Wear socks! We lose a lot of heat from our feet so keeping them cosy can help keep you warm.
- Try an extra throw on the bed, this often removes the need to have the heating on at all during the night.
- Having a hot drink before bed can warm up your body and help you relax.
- Join the MCS Careplans. If you have a boiler breakdown, you wont lose sleep; you can call our team on 01482 853355 and we will be happy to help get things going again!